Iniard Watch

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Don't shave your wallet...

Read some comments about overpriced gillette razor products posted by bschneider5 over at brad's blog, and it resparked a little flame I had burning over the weekend after watching a new gillette commercial. You see commercials all the time between gillette, schick, and others touting the latest and greatest technology in razor blades. This truly is an industry driven by promoting an image. There is little or no difference in my opinion between the close shave factor of a 2 blade, 3 blade, 4 blade, quattro, cinqo, turbo charged, non turbo, with wings, lotion strip, rubber grips, etc. The basis of operation is a blade cutting hair from your face. The rest is hype and marketing. They have teams of people (marketing people, not razor technology experts) that are sitting in board rooms figuring out how to get people to spend more money to shave their face.

Anyway, in the new ad, the gillette iniards are going after my crowd, the 2-3 time a week shavers. They are trying to tell me how much better I will feel if I shaved everyday. Like they even care about how good I feel. If they were to convince me to buy their razors and shave everyday, they would end up making about $1500 more of me in razor products over the next 30 years. If everyone did that, they would be feeling pretty good, don't you think?

I used to be a gillet sensor man, but for the past several years I have been a target brand "sensorish" brand. I actually use the same razors my wife buys for her legs, which by the way, is the same thing only in a greenish color. Gillette for some reason, charges a lot more for the women. They probably figure that the women are willing to spend more, so they think they can charge more.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home