Iniard Watch

Monday, April 25, 2005

Rental Car Insurance Rip Off




My wife and I rented a car this weekend from Enterprise. Since I have rented cars before I was waiting for the part where he would explain the expensive insurance options. To my suprise, the guy at the counter did not mention the insurance. As my wife was getting ready to sign the bottom I asked him about where you decline the insurance coverage. He then pointed out the $23 a day in additional charges! He was not even going to mention them! Our $40 a day rate would have been $63 a day. It depends on your own insurance coverage, but in most cases you are already covered with rental cars on your usual car insurance policy. Here is an article that describes some other things to watch for when renting cars.

4 Comments:

  • Not cool. I have never had one automatically add insurance, but I usually have that in my stored preferences. At least Enterprise will pick you up!

    By Blogger Dutchdawg, at 7:01 PM  

  • Real Estate Investors......You Are Shortchanging Yourself If You Are Just Doing "Fix And Flips", Foreclosures Or Renting

    Properties.

    Let Me Explain Why......

    Click Here For More Information




    Income Property

    By Blogger The Answer Man, at 4:58 PM  

  • Hi thanks for your blog, I liked it! I also have a blog/site about car insurance dallas that covers car insurance dallas related stuff. Please feel free to visit.

    By Blogger Car Insurance Center, at 3:15 AM  

  • Great blog post.

    I thought your readers would like to see this site as well:
    car insurance oakland or check out http://www.officialautoinsurancedeal.com for car insurance oakland info.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home