Iniard Watch

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Put that cookie back....




I am all for healthy living, and teaching kids about healthy practices, but do we need take the cookies away from Cookie monster? Well, PBS (probably pursuaded by the FDA) has got Cookie on a diet. Instead of gobbling up platefuls of cookies at a time, he is now saying that cookies are a "sometimes" food, and that you should eat fruits and more nutritious foods most of the time. I do not think there are many fat and unhealthy people that blame their weight on the cookie monster. I grew up with cookie monster, and although I can wax off half a box of girl scout cookies in one sitting, I do not think that I was negatively influenced by sesame street. Let the kids have their cookie monster, at least he is not fighting and trying to kill all of the other characters. Maybe to help solve the homeless problem they should make Oscar get cleaned up and get a job instead of living on the street eating garbage.

8 Comments:

  • To teach the kids tolreance, I thnk they should show the kids what Bert and Ernie really to with the rubber ducky

    By Blogger bschneider5, at 2:27 PM  

  • hey, maybe bert is the reason some people have unibrows.

    By Blogger Jude, at 2:43 PM  

  • This is a crime.

    By Blogger Pope Benedict XVI, at 9:00 PM  

  • He is a big blue monster for crying out loud.

    By Blogger Jason Schneider, at 1:41 PM  

  • Did cookie monster go to clark state?

    By Blogger bschneider5, at 4:16 PM  

  • I guess I'm getting older and more conservative as I raise my kid. But having Cookie eat some fruits and vegatables doesn't seem like a horrible idea to me.

    And every two guys that live together aren't gay.

    NOw, you want to talk about gay issues on PBS, what about that Buster episode the government tried to shut down?

    By Blogger OlderMusicGeek, at 2:22 PM  

  • I Like your blog, too. I thought it was funny and interesting at the same time I'll post more if you do. Bye Peace for all!
    Megan

    By Blogger lone hill lion, at 8:52 PM  

  • Hey, cool blog!

    Cookie Monster HAS TO HAVE COOKIES! Hello! That's why he's the "Cookie" Monster, and not the "Pear" Monster.

    BTW, my daughter Aral Peppermint Patty Pez', first word was "COOKIE!" said just the way the Cookie Monster used to say it. You can check out her blog at http://www.aralecho.blogspot.com/ Maybe she knows why lemon pez taste like Pledge furniture polish, 'cause I don't.

    By Blogger Tan Lucy Pez, at 11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home