Iniard Watch

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Happy Halthanksmas!!!



Let me be the first to say… Happy Halthanksmas!! No, this is not my botching of a Jewish Holiday, this is the name I give to the festive time of year created by retailers that spans from Later summer until after the New Year. The time of year where you can one stop shop at walmart and get Halloween costumes, Christmas trees, and inflatable animated turkeys. What used to be separate holidays is merging into one big season of excuses to spend money on decorating your home. We do decorate around our house somewhat, but things are starting to get carried away. Two houses in my neighborhood started with the Christmas light display the day after Halloween. Many of the traditional Christmas type decorations are now being used by other Holidays. I have seen Halloween Icicle lights, Inflatable Halloween-Jack-o-Lantern Snow men, Halloween trees with lights and ornaments. The only thing I have not seen yet, is orange, purple, green, red and white lights that you can use for the entire Halthanksmas Season!! (of course the retailers want you to keep buying things separately!!)

2 Comments:

  • Hehehe. I like that name... Thankfully I live in a country where political strife is the season until mid December or so. (Bolivia, South America.)

    Happy Halthanksmas!

    By Blogger titanium, at 12:51 PM  

  • I was just browsing various blogs as I was doing a search on the word halloween, and I just wanted to say that I really like what you've done with your blog, even though it wasn't particularly related to what I searched for. I appreciate your postings, and your blog is a good example of how a blog should be done. I've only just recently started a Posters website - feel free to visit it when you get a chance if you wish. Much success, antonio.

    By Blogger Antonio Hicks, at 6:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home