Iniard Watch

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Designed for Christmas… El Paso Fajita Grill $30



While Christmas shopping at Linens and Things yesterday, I couldn’t help but to notice the El Paso Fajita Grill prominently displayed on a center display in the main aisle. The tackiness of it caught my eye immediately, and I was reminded of the last time I saw one of these: several christmas’s ago as my wife and I were lucky recipients!! I then started to sing in my head the song “Earth to Grandma” by the Asspony’s. (I hope my G-Ma-In-Law doesn’t frequent iniardwatch!).

Anyway, the fajita grill is an odd shaped electric skillet pre-decorated with Chili peppers, and has a tortilla warmer built right in. The skillet part is kind of small relative to the HUGE amount of space this things takes up. Most people already have a skillet they cook with, and many even have an electric skillet already, which is why I put this freakish appliance in the Designed for Christmas category. Nobody in their right mind would buy this for themselves, but when shopping for someone else, with a $30 gift budget, it seems like the perfect gift for someone who may have mentioned that they like fajitas. My advice would be to get them a nice electric skillet or a decent one for the stove. $30 can get much better quality in a traditional skillet or even electric skillet than this pepper shaped work of art.

So, my fajita grill is still in the original box, I thought I would be able to get rid of it during the company white elephant gift exchange, but we stopped doing this type of exchange, so I am now wondering….what is the time required before re-gifting items? Does anyone on my list like fajitas? He he he…. HO HO HO!!!

3 Comments:

  • Hi Jude, you have a nice blog. Glad to see it. Today I was out blog surfing looking for detailed info on esteban guitar when I found your page. Your site describing Designed for Christmas… El Paso Fajita Grill $30 is not an exact match but it did catch my interest. I am going to add you to my favorite list of blogs for future reading and reference. Should you ever need information on esteban guitar then drop by the site above and check it out.

    By Anonymous as seen on tv products, at 1:21 AM  

  • This might be a good gift for someone with unlimited cabinet space, and can afford to have more worthless crap laying around. If I had more cabinet space, I would find a way to eliminate the tupperware avalanche.

    By Blogger bschneider5, at 7:15 AM  

  • Oh my god we got the same ugly thing as a wedding gift! We are re-gifting it to someone this Christmas!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home