Iniard Watch

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Designed for Christmas.... Nostalgic Hot Dog Cooker $70



If you are looking for a unique gift for someone special on your list, and have budgeted $70, then with one swipe of the card you can scratch them off list, thanks to the nostalgic hot dog grill. On my list, you have to be pretty high ranking to get a $70 gift budget, but I could see some people looking for a gift for their parents or inlaws (who seem to already have everything they need) stumble upon the hot dog cooker and think “well, they do like hot dogs!”.

There are only two occasions when I eat hot dogs, but I always follow the same rule.. never eat more than one. If I am at a ball game, I will look forward to indulging in ONE hot dog. And when I say one hot dog, I mean the regular size, not the super jumbo half pound wieners that many ballparks serve up. The other occasion I eat hot dogs is if I am at a summer picnic and that is the only thing being served. Eating more than one, regardless of how good it may seem at the time, always comes back to haunt… usually through belching, heartburn, and gas - the kind of gas that would peel the paint off a park bench or crack your leather car seats!

For me to try to understand how some people can get so excited about a hot dog cooker is beyond the scope of this blog entry, but I think every household with a kitchen already has several ways to cook a hot dog. How can you justify spending $70 to cook them a slightly different way? Even if it was free, how could you justify taking up an entire kitchen cabinet for a hot dog cooking machine.

I find the listed product features amusing….”Features fun, carnival-style design, removable drip tray, adjustable heat settings, and on/off switch”…. Fun Carnival style design is usually NOT what I look for in good quality kitchen appliances. Also, out of 4 features mentioned, one of them is an ON/OFF switch!! Is this item that devoid of selling points that half of the features are the carnival design and on/off switch?

If you want to waste lots of money on someone’s hot dog admiration, I would suggest you have delivered to them the $50 gourmet hot dog 10 pack. Although it would be about equal in wasting money, at least you do not curse them with having to store the carnival stand in their kitchen cabinets. It would also save the trouble of gift wrapping!

3 Comments:

  • The old time popcorn popper will go great with that!

    By Anonymous electricshort.com, at 2:58 PM  

  • This is the stupidist thing I've ever seen.

    By Blogger bschneider5, at 4:01 PM  

  • Hi Jude. I was looking for candle kit making related information and came across your blog. Very good reading! I have a candle kit making site. You can find everything about candle supplies, gel candles, jar candles, and how to make your own candles. You'll find it very informative. Check it out when you can :)

    By Anonymous scented candle, at 7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home