Iniard Watch

Monday, December 12, 2005

The Pope asketh, and Low he shall receiveth…



The Pope has peeked through his window to warn that the real Christmas spirit is being polluted by the over commercialization of the holiday, which I tend to agree. He also encourages that every Christian household display a nativity scene in their home as a “simple yet effective way of showing their faith and conveying it to their children.” I am wondering if the inflatable Jesus, or now the rubber ducky Jesus falls into the Pope’s “simple yet effective” category. Does it cheapen the concept to display the concrete goose version of the nativity? Is it acceptable to the church to represent Jesus with rubber bath tub toys? I think I will ask the Pope directly, and let you know what I find out.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home